https://organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/pepper-soup1.jpg 300 530 Riccardo https://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2010-02-14 10:55:232022-04-23 12:06:16Bell pepper soupPrint
Bell pepper soup
Manuela adapted a green pepper soup that she tasted in the famous Cibrèo in Florence, and came up with this smooth, full-flavoured delight.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 6 large red and/or yellow peppers
- 1 medium potato
- 1 litre (2 pints) vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- Half cup yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Herbs to garnish (e.g. fresh oregano, parsley)
- Grill or roast the peppers until the skin is blackened. Place in an airtight container to “sweat” for half an hour, so that the skins slip off easily.
- Cut the peeled, deseeded pepper into strips and place in a pot with a generous swirl of olive oil and a clove of garlic, cut in half. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes, and the vegetable stock, to cover (no more).
- Cook on a medium heat until the potato is tender.
- Blend the soup, adding the milk.
- Add a finely minced clove of garlic to the cup of yogurt.
- Serve bowls of soup with a little swirl of extra virgin olive oil and a swirl of the yogurt on top, and a tiny sprinkle of fresh oregano (or parsley) for colour.