https://organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/FullSizeRender.jpg 612 640 Riccardo https://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2016-10-20 18:13:392022-04-23 12:06:32Chicken or turkey breast rollsPrint
Chicken breast rolls
This is a quick, easy dish (just a little fiddly tying up the rolls and getting rid of the string before you serve!) that is a crowd pleaser!
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entrée
- Cuisine: Italian
- 500g chicken fillets (calculate around 80g per person)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small bunch of parsley
- 15 sage leaves
- 2 sausages (not herby), casings removed
- 2 eggs
- 100g almonds, finely chopped
- 100g scamorza cheese (or other cheese that melts/grills well)
- 2 cups dry white wine
- butcher’s string
- a little flour for dredging
- 30g/1 oz butter
- salt, pepper
- Make a thin omelette by beating the two eggs with a little salt and pepper and cooking on both sides in a non-stick pan. Cool and cut into strips.
- Chop the parsley and garlic cloves very finely.
- If your fillets are very fine (2-3 mm or less) omit the next step: using a meat mallet, pound the chicken (not too violently), until the fillets are 2-3 mm thick.
- Place the fillets flat. Spread each with a thin layer of sausage meat. Top with small pieces of omelette, a sprinkling of parsley and garlic, a sprinkling of chopped almonds and a little cheese.
- Roll the fillets up tightly and tie with butcher’s string, slipping a sage leaf under the string.
- Roll the chicken very lightly in flour and place in a skillet with pan with a tablespoonful of olive oil (cold).
- Bring up to heat carefully and brown on all sides for 5-10 minutes. Use a splash guard so that you don’t get spattered by oil!
- Add 2 cups of white wine.
- When this has half evaporated off, add the butter and stir to form a sauce.
You can use turkey breasts instead of chicken, or a combination of the two.