https://organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/choccolate-cake.jpg 300 530 Riccardo https://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2013-01-21 15:00:532022-04-23 12:06:30Serenella’s Amazing Chocolate CakePrint
Serenella’s Amazing Chocolate Cake
>Serenella is one of our lovely instructors at our cooking school in Italy. This moist, rich cake is addictive!
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 225 g (8 oz) + 225 g (8 oz)(for the ganache) good quality dark chocolate
- 225 g (1.1 cups) sugar
- 6 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 60 g (half cup) plain flour
- 175 g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 225 g (just under 1 cup) fresh heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F.
- Melt 225 grams of chocolate in a double boiler. Add the butter and mix well to dissolve.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and lightly beaten egg yolks .
- Add the chocolate and butter to this mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Fold the egg whites very gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Line a 20cm cake tin with baking/parchment paper, pour in the mixture, level off and bake for 35 minutes at 180°C/355°F .
- Allow to cool, then take out of the tin and turn over (it tends to collapse a little in the middle – do not worry).
- Melt the remaining 225 grams of chocolate in a double boiler, add the cream and mix well until you have a smooth, fairly thick ganache.
- Cover the entire cake with the chocolate ganache.
- Remove from the refrigerator an hour before eating.
- Wait at least a couple of hours after taking out of the oven and frosting to eat this! If you can.