https://organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/bruschetta1.jpg 300 530 Riccardo https://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2010-10-24 00:41:062022-04-23 12:06:28Tomato and Basil bruschettaPrint
Tomato and Basil bruschetta
In Italian, this simple but delicious tomato appetizer is pronounced “Brusketta”. Obviously, use the tastiest tomatoes that you can get hold of. Often, cherry tomatoes have a lot more flavour than larger varieties.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Bread, thinly sliced and toasted, to make 18 small (3 inch square) pieces. Dense rustic bread is the best!
- 20–30 cherry tomatoes, or the equivalent amount of ripe but firm tomatoes.
- 1 clove of garlic, to rub on the bread
- Extra virgin olive oil, wine vinegar, salt and pepper
- 5 or 6 basil leaves
- Make the toast and cut into appetizer-size pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes very finely.
- Add a good swirl of olive oil, salt, pepper and a splash of wine vinegar.
- Tear up the basil leaves and add to the tomato mix.
- Rub the toast with a little raw garlic. Top the pieces of toast first with a little liquid from the mix, then with a generous spoonful of the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle with more olive oil.
- Serve immediately!