This is a great summer dessert which is light, fruity, fresh and refreshing!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 10
- 500 g strawberries/peaches/apricots
- 1 lemon or lime
- 100–150g sugar (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 500 g fresh cream, yogurt or a combination of the two
- 5 sheets of leaf gelatin
- Soak the leaf gelatin in cold water until it is soft.
- Wash the fruit and blend it with the lime or lemon juice and the sugar.
- Melt the gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water in a pan on a very low heat, then blend into the fruit.
- Whip the cream, adding some sugar if the fruit is still too acidic.
- Fold the cream into the fruit, using sweeping movements from the bottom to the top, mixing well while taking care to keep it all fluffy.
- Lightly oil the mould with almond oil or another mild oil. Pour the mixture into it. Tap the mould a little to release any trapped bubble and leave in the fridge for 4 hours (less time is needed if in small individual moulds).
- When you serve it, take the mould out of the fridge and turn it upside down onto a plate. If it does not come out, tap gently or place for a few seconds in hot water.
this dessert works very well prepared the day before you serve it. You can decorate the bavaresi by adding a very fine layer of gelatin on top and placing mint leaves, flowers, strawberries etc on it.