https://organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/IMG_20191028_175529.jpg 2610 4302 Riccardo https://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2019-10-28 19:22:582022-04-23 12:06:41Focaccia with cherry tomatoes and oreganoPrint
Focaccia with cherry tomatoes and oregano
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10 people
- Category: Appetizers
Makes 1 medium oven tray of focaccia
- 250 g (1/2 lb) white bread flour
- 200 g (1/3 lb) wholewheat flour
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) of water
- 10 g (2/3 oz) fresh yeast
- Olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon of salt
- A few cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl crumble the yeast into the water and stir till the yeast is completely melted.
- Add the flour.
- Add a good pinch of salt and mix well until you achieve a soft but not sticky mixture.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Put the mix into a counter and start kneading well for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the mix back into the bowl, cover it, and leave it to rise for about 2 hours.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your oven tray and dust it with flour.
- Put the risen dough into the parchment paper and with your fingers stretch it till it covers the entire surface. try to keep the thickens uniform.
- Spray it with a little bit of water, cover it with another try and let it rise for another hour.
- Preheated the oven to 230 degrees Celsius (450 Fahrenheit).
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into rings and placed them on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle with the oregano.
- Cover it with the tray again and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the covering top try and bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool on a rack.
- With a brush, brush the olive oil on top of it.