https://organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/asparagus_sausage.jpg 2610 4640 Riccardo https://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2017-06-15 23:33:472022-04-24 15:26:08Asparagus and sausage sauce for pastaPrint
Asparagus and sausage sauce for pasta
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- For 4 people:
- Large bunch of asparagus (500g, 1 lb)
- 4 plain Italian sausages (no herbs or spices in them)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, thyme (optional)
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Wash the asparagus.
- Snap where the asparagus naturally breaks (try to use as much as possible). Discard the ends.
- With a knife, scape off any dirty parts near the base of the asparagus.
- Cut off 2 inches of spear and reserve.
- Cut the rest of the asparagus thinly on a bias (diagonal).
- Starting with a good splash of cold olive oil, gently stir-fry the pieces, adding salt, pepper and 2 cloves of garlic, kept whole.
- Meanwhile, remove the sausages from their casing, crumble into small pieces and fry in another pan for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and browning.
- When the asparagus is soft (6-8 minutes approx), remove a third to half of the pieces and put in a container that can be used with a hand blender.
- Adding a little olive oil as you go, hand blend to a creamy emulsion.
- Add the cooked sausage and the asparagus spears to the pan with the pieces and heat through for a couple of minutes. Discard the garlic. Add the asparagus emulsion and stir through. Check for salt. Add pepper and a sprinkling of thyme if you like.
- Use to dress pasta (long pasta such as tagliolini works well) and sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.